Monday, July 20, 2009

Tinkeratrix: Happy Rezday to Me

A wonderful personal story of Apollo 11 from a fellow Caledonian ;)

Tinkeratrix: Happy Rezday to Me

"Happy Rezday to Me

Meh. One thing my typist and I both share is an appalling lack of concern over our respective birthdays. But today's date is important.

20 July, 1969 is when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon.

Roll the words around in your head a moment. Landed. On. The moon.

It's important to me because that's where I grew up. Not the moon but more or less right next door. My father was one of thousands of civilian contractors who worked at KSC, or as it's more popularly known, Cape Kennedy. Merritt Island, Florida was essentially the on ramp that lead to the moon. Many of you watched the launch on television, I watched from the roof of out house about 17 miles from Launch Complex 39A...."

Read the rest of her post here...
Tinkeratrix: Happy Rezday to Me

No comments: