Thursday, July 10, 2008

Zoe's Lively look at Lively: Virtual Worlds News: Feature: Lively - Google's Contribution to the 3D Social Web?




I've had a makeover!

Now listen folks! I know it's a bit klunky in spots, some places are laggy, half the avatars are ugly, activities are limited, there's no gridwide Google Lively (GL) and there's alot to be desired as far as avatar and camera movements, but hey...they had to start somewhere.

There will be changes coming... you can count on it.

I've also redecorated an older blog... I'm now having a go with Zoe's Lively look at Lively. I describe it this way: "A Second Life® Avatar walks through the looking glass into the parallel dimension known as.... Google Lively."

I consider myself to be downright evangelical about virtual worlds. I'll use this revamped blog to gather posts about GL and share my inworld videos and snapshots.

You may be asking: "Zoe, are you leaving SL?"

Oh hell no! I'm not leaving SL, nor do I think GL will replace SL. What I do see is some potential for introducing virtual worlds (VW) to a wider audience. I think this is good for all of us who are advocates for 3D VWs. Think of GL as a free training ground for those curious social networkers out there. Where the user goes next is the big question. Do they leave VWs forever? Do they stay happily and mingle within GL and never venture further? Do they "graduate" and join us in SL? I can't answer these questions, but I feel it in my pixelated bones.... There will be many who will come to SL and they are another key to our growth.

Google has impact on VWs! It struck me today... my Google Earth and Lively videos on YouTube get more views than my SL videos. My latest Lively video received 617 views in less than 24 hours as of this post. It took my SL video 7 months to reach slightly more than half that number at 318! Holy Nekos!

Zoe's Lively look at Lively: Virtual Worlds News: Feature: Lively - Google's Contribution to the 3D Social Web?

No comments: