Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Avoid the Voids" - Accepting the things I cannot change

It's been a few days since the initial shock of the Openspace (VOID) Sims Controversy.

Linden Labs will do as they please. It's their company and they have every right to raise prices as they see fit.

I cannot fight political and economic battles both in SL and in RL. I simply do not have the energy or funds to do either of them well. One of them must take precedence. I choose RL.

For every ailment under the sun
There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it;
If there be none, never mind it.

Life goes on, even Second Life goes on.... after all... as LL continuously reminds us....

We're not really residents in a virtual world as they once claimed....we're just players in an elaborate game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zoe, I understand your setting priorities - but I'd suggest that SL needs you more. There are fewer good people with understanding here than there are in the atomic: you fill a bigger hole in our world.

And, we are still residents. We're just not citizens, but subjects of a stupid and capricious regime.

That can change...