Wednesday, May 25, 2016

For The Record - Part 2


See the V2 rocket above? Things like this are 366's Target. Not your airplane, ship, etc., unless you try to stop us from our mission.

Grizzly Mom Activated!

As I previously wrote here, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about the nature and missions of our roleplay groups. I have loads of notecards on the subject, and a little investigation on this very blog will also be helpful for anyone willing to do the research.

Like most people, I participate in a number of groups. My current active groups are 366 Squadron RAF and TimeForce 10. I call these active because I created TimeForce 10 and I'm a co-owner and event/mission planner for 366 Squadron RAF. I'm like a TV Show writer coming up with interesting plot outlines for us to act out and improv during a mission.

In the interest of full disclosure: I value friendship in SL and it's one of the critical elements that keep me coming back to this wonderful virtual world. Apparently several of my friends are on another SL Blogger's hit-list.

This is an honest disclosure about the things I love about SL...

  • Creativity
  • Friendships
  • Roleplay Adventures
  • Virtual Sex

Here's another shocking disclosure! I'm a member of the New Bastogne Admin Group (I know you're gasping and clutching your pearls right now!) Here's the reason why: Cornelius and I decided we needed our own Axis VICE Target setup in Bastogne, so I asked Vickster Kuhn for rez rights, which she happily granted because she supports our brand of RP and also finds it fun. My German alt also has the same rez rights. You'll find my items in two sims at Bastogne. Oh and 366 still has a plan to plant a box of exploding chocolates on Vicks' desk! This is our favorite thing. Planting fake explosives on Vice Targets in our little pretend Commando Raids with over-the-top acting.

I find it disappointing that a fellow SL blogger would not ask me questions about my groups and instead, go off in a direction of conspiratorial fantasy.

366 Squadron RAF is not considered a part of the regular pure combat military groups you see active in sims. It's considered a roleplay group, meaning we act out scenes more than we do combat. Since Cornelius Fanshaw started the 366 in the Fall of 2015 (366 is basically a WW2 version of my TimeForce 10 group) we have seen steady growth in membership. Some of those new members happen to be people that a few others in the aviation community intensely dislike. I don't understand this kind of behavior on the part of an SL Blogger and personally try to avoid crap like this, but I feel compelled to defend my friends and my groups.

366 roleplays cool infantry style commando raid scenes. I basically lift ideas from TV and Movie plots. Our inspiration comes from The Guns of Navarone, Force 10 from Navarone, Where Eagles Dare, Operation Crossbow, plus an assortment of James Bond films, and more than a few spy genre TV shows. That's it. That's what we do. Any regular reader of this blog knows exactly what we do and about our plans. We have a great time and I have a blast writing mission plans. People join us because it's fun and a very different mission based roleplay that's separate from the usual pure kill-count combat most people do. People wear the 366 tag in the Gulf (which is not our usual place to RP) because they love the group and are proud to wear it.

I know this is difficult to follow. Many people have trouble understanding the improvisational roleplay and acting we do. Maybe people who engage in regular combat shouldn't wear our tag when they do VICE Combat in the Gulf. I think that's a great idea as it will avoid such confusion in the future. We don't RP in the Gulf, we RP in New Bastogne. But please, before you taint the reputation of a roleplay group full of people interested in acting out infantry style commando raids against Axis Super Weapons and my own German alt, ask questions about it from direct sources first. Asking questions would have been your best first step.

Oh, and if you're too lazy to ask me, there's always this cool search thingy called Google. Just type "366 Squadron RAF" and most of the results will be links to my blog.

~ Zoe Connolly 

 

No comments: