Friday, July 3, 2009

Because I Fly (by Grover C. Norwood)

Because I fly

I laugh more than other men
I look up an see more than they,
I know how the clouds feel,
What it's like to have the blue in my lap,
to look down on birds,
to feel freedom in a thing called the stick...

who but I can slice between God's billowed legs,
and feel then laugh and crash with His step
Who else has seen the unclimbed peaks?
The rainbow's secret?
The real reason birds sing?
Because I Fly,
I envy no man on earth.

— Grover C. Norwood

Great Aviation Quotes: Poems

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting my poem. I have seen it nailed on the wall of the officer's club bar in Air Force bases. Who could have predicted that an Air Force Safety magazine back cover could go around the world? 40 years later, nothing in the words of this poem has changed.

Grove Norwood.

Unknown said...

Thanks for using part of my poem. Who would have ever thought that it would go around the world. May
God make Himself real to all who read it---- Grove Norwood.