Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Does Second Life Spoil Your Real Life?

Does Second Life Spoil Your Real Life?

If it were possible to do so (in a dramatic science fiction way with lots of special effects and a smashing soundtrack), would you transform yourself into your avatar(s) and remain in SL permanently?

I'm not sure how to answer that. Sometimes I think it a silly question and dismiss it immediately. Other times when I'm in a mood I think: "Hell Yes!"

Today I'm in that "Hell Yes!" kind of mood.

*sighs*

But now the giant hook has arrived to pull me back into Real Life.

The RL daydreaming starts again....while friends and family wonder "Why is she so distracted?"





3 comments:

October Hush said...

Perhaps at the end of my life, maybe...but for now I'm content to live my RL...there's way too many people and things I would miss.

Anonymous said...

very nice pics ^^

i dont think sl spoils my first life, it permits me to do things when theres nothing going on in my rl. so i guess you could say, sl is something to do between rl activities

Sciamachy said...

SL sure as heck spoils your RL when your SL is rotten. Problems spill over from one to the other once they get past a certain magnitude. Broken hearts & shattered dreams in one will colour your whole day with poop. Similarly if your RL is so bad you can't stop thinking about your problems, you're going to be cranky in SL. The SL/RL divide is artificial - it's all Just Life.