Saturday, March 7, 2009

Connolly Aerodrome and the Current Financial Crisis - Royal Caledon Air Force

Connolly Aerodrome and the Current Financial Crisis - Royal Caledon Air Force

My RL family is from Michigan in the United States. Michigan is one of the hardest hit states in the current economic crisis we're facing and has been in a recession long before the rest of the nation.

My RL sister (known as Uhura Markova in SL) has already been unemployed for months and my RL brother (Phineas Messmer) and I have been supporting her when we can.

My brother's job is on the precipice, and just needs a shove over the cliff from a General Motors bankruptcy for his job to be gone. When that happens, I cannot justify spending RL funds on virtual land when my siblings are in RL financial peril.

This is one of the saddest moments I've had in my SecondLife, and I've shed more than a few RL tears over this one....

It's entirely probable that I will need to sell the two parcels that comprise the virtual land known as Connolly Aerodrome in Caledon Penzance.

If anyone within RCAF has any suggestions about how we can save the Aerodrome, please do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible.

Connolly Aerodrome and the Current Financial Crisis - Royal Caledon Air Force

5 comments:

G E Schilling said...

Zoe

not sure what I can do, but please contact me via email.

Banana Stein
guy@metamagicstudio.com

Aether Inglewood said...

What Guy said Zoe. Let me know.

Karl Reisman said...

How much is th eland tier for that Aerodrome? As a place to fly it's still a valuable resource to keep regardless of the landlord.

--Karl

Codie said...

It saddens me that you have to get rid of it Zoe, because I know the aerodrome is so dear to your heart. I wish I could do something to comfort you or to help, but know that I am here anytime you need me.

Codie <3

Ceejay Writer said...

As another Michigander, living under the gloom of upcoming layoffs at Michigan State University (my employer), I feel your pain. These are sad, difficult decisions to make.