Monday, October 29, 2007

Decisions, decisions...

My SL News: My time is so limited....I have to make difficult choices on what I do in SL and what brings me the most joy.

As many of you know, I love Victorian Steampunk sims such as Caledon, New Babbage, Antiquity and Steelhead City. My involvement in Steampunk has grown at a tremendous rate.

I also love the Battlestar Pacifica sim known as BSG47. My involvement there is growing over time as I get to know more of my fellow roleplayers. A few people I met there have given me a position in IPX and the upcoming Babylon 5 sim. I've been offered a few opportunities I have yet to decide on..... like the possibility of a Duchy sim in Antiquity.

I've developed a love for sailing and flying in Caledon and Antiquity.

Well...I've made the decision now. One I've been thinking of for many months. When I woke up this morning I had the answer to my time management issues.....I've decided to leave several great groups I've created, so this is a painful one....like letting go of your child in a way, seeing her off on her first day of school. Painful, scary, and hoping for the very best for your little girl.

I'll be leaving 3 groups....

1) Girls and Guns
2) Second Life Bloggers
3) Second Life BloggerCon

I'll leave as soon as leadership is filled and transfer of powers are completed.

This decision does NOT come easy, but it *is* a necessary one in order for me to preserve my health, sanity, and happiness in SL.

3 comments:

tiana meriman said...

wow, this is a big shock to me. although i understand completely i didnt think the blogger group would be one of your choices.

i know how much you love caledon and battlestar pacifica though. so i understand that was the choice you made.

also i think you are doing the right thing, i have been very worried for your health, so i'm glad you are going to take better care of it ^^

CatDude said...

It's very sad to see you leave, as you have always been a great "leader" for our Bloggers group as well as a blogging inspiration for many of us.

I know this must be a very hard decision for you and you will be thoroughly missed, but you are absolutely right in making RL and especially your health the top priority. Get well soon!

Batou said...

Dear Zoe,
I'm also surprised to learn of your decision, but I do understand your predicament. You’ve been extremely involved with so many aspects of SL, I will confess that I wondered how you were able to balance SL with RL. Nonetheless, you’ve started so many good things for SL, specifically the Victorian Sims, that having to relinquish a part of your efforts is a difficult decision indeed.
I do wish you well, if I can be of assistance my help goes without saying, and I must say that the title of “Duchess Connolly” does have a nice ring to it…
Sincerely,
Rafael Fabre