Thursday, December 20, 2007

All I want for Christmas are my 2 new Jetpacks!

Photographs show me at skybox altitude with the Terra Infinity jetpack and festive red Christmas dress...




I recently read a post from Phineas Messmer and a comment from Diamanda Gustafson, two trusted members of the Royal Caledon Air Force. The post touched on one of my favorite subjects. Jetpacks!

After a briefing at RCAF Penzance Airfield with AirChief Marshal Sin Trenton, I was off to make a shopping spree at Abbott's Aerodrome where I purchased 2 smashing new Jetpacks for my inventory. The Infinity and the Rocketeer. As outlined in Professor Messmer's Post Comments, I was able to achieve a rapid sim cross with the Infinity Jetpack, flying from the Babbage Canals Hub to Dr Rafael Fabre's Quarterdeck in Port Babbage in just a few seconds.

On my return to Penzance, I tested the Infinity Jetpack again, this time flying straight up, beyond 10,000 meters! ACM Trenton contacted me by wireless to report I seemed to be offworld by all his measuring devices. My jetpack and Flight Feather indicated the same altitude...12,017 meters. I then began my descent to the ground and for 6000 meters, I turned off the Jetpack and went into freefall. I Re-started the jetpack once again when the altimeter read below 2000 meters. A most exhilarating morning indeed!

I am now convinced of the value of these devices and will begin the formation of a rapid-deployment Jetpack Squadron for the RCAF.

3 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

Foxy, which of the two did you like better?

Unknown said...

Hello Skeeter!

I only tested the Infinity so far. At 100 Lindens each it's really a bargain to buy both.

Speaking in merely a fashionista sense, the Infinity is certainly more elegant and fits well on a ladies back. That may appeal to some.

I however will be pleased to use both. The Infinity jetpack is smaller and when used, deploys extended wings. The Rocketeer is larger and does not have such wings. They both look great! And I presume have the same performance abilities.

Next test will be the Rocketeer!

Garrett Larkham said...

umm..excuse me, Marshall Connally, but I've been advised that you have information involving Flaming Bouncy Buckets?