Thursday, August 9, 2007

2 ideas for SL sims...

1) I'm thinking of a whole themed-sim based on an alternate history steampunk World War 1 - full of allied and enemy soldiers, sailors, spies, and revolutionaries. In this sim - or perhaps several sims, I would roleplay a MataHari-type world war one spy and club owner. The club would be near the central hub where many character paths and stories would cross and interact. There would be cites, battlefields, treaties made and broken, alliances and enemies, as well as plans for the Russian Revolution.

2) My second idea came to me while I wandered Barnes & Noble. I found several books on the American Civil War and thought this may be a fascinating project for a sim as it overlapped with many elements within the SL 19th Century life. I could see this developing into several sims as well. Perhaps having 2 sims for Washington and Richmond as well as a sim or two for various battlefields.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

4 comments:

Batou said...

Miss Connolly - I'm very intrigued with your WWI/Steampunk idea... more opportunities for air ship combat and intrigue (both national navies & piratical - lol). I don't know much about a Civil War setting - I think you'd have people interested in a "pure civil war era", and not quite familiar with the the introduction of Steampunk elements (beyond the "wonder" remake of the "Wild Wild West" (or its much better predecessor on television) - nonetheless I do believe it would be quite interesting for those who understood the extrapolation of techonology.

tiana meriman said...

i like the first one but with all the fighting, i'm thinking there will be a lot of griefing and you'll spend most of your time playing police.

the second one sounds cool too but i have trouble picturing it in my mind. but then again i dont know much about those times so...

anyway it sounds like you have 2 awsome projects thought up in your pretty head. keep working on those ideas and your dream will come true ^^

Unknown said...

hmmm, I do think the WW1 idea would be far more fun, intriguing and imaginative. If I create a new theme I believe I'd go in that direction.

Edward Pearse said...

I know there is a group that RPs a WWI steampunk style, though for the life of me I can't remember it's name. I know one of their shops is located in a rather dilapidated Fair Ground.

It would certainly be interesting. Having experienced a couple of the Caledon vs. Neualtenburg conflicts, lag minimisation would have to be a high priority.