Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Internet Access Down :: Zoe is forced into living RL

I had everything ready at 9:30 AM local time. I was all set to have a great day of blogging, emails, and twittering several hours before work. I even planned to go inworld for an hour.

Then disaster struck as my access went down. A few minutes later I realized my cable TV was offline too. Did I pay the bill. I suddenly had doubts. I called Comcast and - yes I paid, but my neighborhood was offline for maintenance....for 8 frakking hours!

But wait, there's this thingie called Real Life, I watched a taped TV show from last night and guess what? For the first time since January I paid attention to what I was watching. I put on my hearing aid and listened to my iPod. My cat wanted to play and I actually paid attention to him. I got ready for work early, and drove to Barnes & Noble where I had an Iced Coffee, wandered about and browsed the books and magazines, interacting with RL people throughout the store!

There were non-avatars everywhere! All milling about without any knowledge of SL whatsoever. Have you ever caught yourself standing and moving like your avatar's AO? Yes I've done that before and I did it again today at the bookstore. At least I didn't walk into walls. The sim seemed to be working very well. *grins*

3 comments:

tiana meriman said...

hehe i cant say that walking like my ao ever hapened although maybe i do do unconsciously.

iin a way i'm glad you got to spend sometime irl, looks like you had a lot of fun. i do that too once in a while to remind me that sl is just a game.

Artesia Beaumont said...

LOL! Zoe, I love this post...I can relate to it! While getting gas one day, I found myself looking up in the sky like my avi and chuckled! Keep up the great work!

Sputters said...

Ah yes. SL is with me every second of every day, especially when I constantly nd subconsciously try and Alt-Cam 2D images in Photoshop...