Thursday, August 16, 2007

» What’s in your name? M is for Myg

Myg had a great post where she asks "What’s in your name?"

Good question.

Okay, here goes...


"Zoe Connolly"

Hmmm, why did I choose this name way back on January 21, 2007 (That's a rezday party hint by the way. And we soooo need a Rezday Party Planning Committee in the SL Bloggers Group)

Anywho...

1st: I wanted a name with an exotic letter like Q, X, or Z. I chose Z for a few reasons. First off, I love the "Z" sound. Even if having a Z name gets you on the bottom of all "Friends Lists", Z names are cool.

2nd: The name "Zoe" is Greek in origin and means "life" and this is Second Life....so....there ya go!

3rd: I love the word Zoetrope, which in the SL context seems to fit well...A zoetrope is a Victorian Era device that produces an illusion of action from a rapid succession of static pictures. If I could do it over again my name would be Zoetrope Connolly. Much more unique and quite fitting as a name for an avatar in the Victorian sims.

4th: Nearly every woman I've met in RL named Zoe was attractive, dynamic, unique, exotic, and intelligent. And at least in small part....eccentric. But in the interest of full disclosure...I *did* find this...."The real name meaning for - Zoe - Talentless chick. Prepared to use sex as a weapon." Heh! Yes there's anti-Zoe bigotry out there.

Now, about my last name....

I wanted a last name that reflects my RL English, Irish, and Scot ancestry. I can't recall the other choices, but the name Connolly seemed to fit well with Zoe.

Here are a few quotes from a famous Connolly...

Idleness is only a coarse name for my infinite capacity for living in the present.
Cyril Connolly

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
Cyril Connolly

Always be nice to those younger than you, because they are the ones who will be writing about you.
Cyril Connolly

So there you have it, ladies and gentleman. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

-- Zoe Connolly

1 comment:

tiana meriman said...

that was great babe, hehe i knew you'd come up with a bunch of stuff referign to your name. i personally love your name ^^