Monday, August 13, 2007

Quality Time and Societal Norms

My schedule is very busy with all the 19th Century sims I cover in my various blogs, and sometimes I don't have a chance to spend time with friends or have a romance. Tiana is both my good friend and....well....much more than that. I can say we've developed SL love and are exploring a relationship. Although we have plenty of friends and acquaintances, SL relationships are still quite new to both of us. And to be honest, I am a bit apprehensive seeing another woman while I spend my days in the 19th Century. I fear being an outcast at times. Perhaps I'm feeling a little of what 19th Century women must have felt in regard to their forbidden love - counter to societal norms.

All that said, I was pleased that we were able to have some quality time together throughout the weekend, and my time with Tiana was the most romantic experiences I've had yet in SL.



7 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

Folks'll always find "something" to say, so don't worry about it. Go on and love who you love and if she makes you really happy, forget about what others think.

Anonymous said...

Our blogger Queen has found a Queen of her own. Wait! What's that sound? I believe it is hearts breaking across SL (mine included). {:o) Congratulations to the two of you. I wish you much love and happiness.

Anonymous said...

It is SLimerick time again:

To celebrate the joyous relations
Of Insatiable Zoe and Tiana Creations
Lift your gun or your sword
Be ye Lady or Lord
In a toast offering congratulations!

tiana meriman said...

with all the sims you participate in that are set in the past. i like to think i'm your link to the present and the futur ^^. love you baby *kisses*

Diamanda Gustafson said...

Being myself someone who's not exactly broadcast my private sl, I can only tell you that first and foremost you should do whatever the heck should please you. There will always be gossip, but mind that you have many friends that would support whatever you'd choose to do!

Kisses and truffles,
DG

Virrginia Tombola said...

"I am a bit apprehensive seeing another woman while I spend my days in the 19th Century. I fear being an outcast at times. Perhaps I'm feeling a little of what 19th Century women must have felt in regard to their forbidden love - counter to societal norms."

Well, as Miss Laval says, people will always find something to say. If the various Victorian sims have recreated any part of the culture of the time, we have certainly recreated Society, with its positive points of community, and the occasional negative points of tongue waggling.

But, we do not have a 100% accurate reproduction of the time, and I regard this as a good thing. We certainly have fewer of the bigotries of the Victorian era. Anyone who looked askance at you for finding love in the way you feel it would be treated with the contempt such deserve.

As a historical aside, you might wish to look up the term "Boston Marriage".

All happiness to you both :)

Anonymous said...

"Scandalous, I say!"

And well, I only say that because I have absolutely no idea whatsoever in how to speak Victorian, but that seems like a phrase they might find useful in numerous situations in that time period, relevant or not, hehe. ;-) (Oh great, now I'm going to be pummeled by a ton of steampunks, sheesh, I just can't win!)

I think it's way cool you two found each other, and equally cool Tiana found the mesh top she was looking for. *g*

Okay, never mind what I'm saying, I'll just be at the target range if you need another dummy. ;-)