Monday, December 31, 2007
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Gilded Age Masqued Charity Ball
The Gaiety Theatre - Caledon Penzance
Join us for an all-day extravaganza of formal balls, live auctions, silent auctions and "best dressed" contests! Let's celebrate the new year and give to a worthy cause - "Gardens of Hope"!
* 4:00AM - 6:00AM SLT - Sydney/Melbourne New Year's Eve Ball
* 2:00PM - 3:00PM SLT - Live Charity Auction
* 3:00PM - 5:00PM SLT - London New Year's Eve Ball
* 8:00PM - 10:00PM SLT - New York New Year's Eve Ball
* 10:00PM - 11:00PM SLT - Live Charity Auction
* 11:00PM - 1:00AM SLT - San Francisco New Year's Eve Ball
The Silent Auction will run for 24 hrs starting at 1:00AM SLT December 31st. You can view, and bid on, the items for the Silent Auction in the glass pavillion just south of the Theatre.
Attire: Formal gowns and suits from 1850 - 1910 with masques
Or whimsical, yet tasteful, Victorian period costumes with masques
$500 L awarded to both Best Dressed Lady and Gentleman at each event
The event hosts are donating all auction proceeds to "Gardens Of Hope", an organization that builds greenhouses, tree nurseries, and more in Lesotho, Africa. These gardens are then used as a source of food, firewood and income for several communities in this Southern African nation.
For more infromation visit Better World Island in SL at:
Or http://www.solidsaltspring.com/gardens.html on the Internet.
In case of Sim crash or unbearable lag, we will have Coughton Court in Caledon Carntaigh open for the event as well. Guests can enjoy the simulcast of the event, view pictures of the Silent Auction items, and dance free of lag!
I made several updates to the RCAF page
Royal Caledon Air Force - Caledon Wiki
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
The Professor and Miss Laval (who is also Squadron Leader of "The Screamin' Tinies" have done outstanding work creating this new launch facility and I look forward to more from them.
And may I add one more thing about Professor Messmer....Eye Candy!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Notice to all pilots, balloonists, etc....
All Balloons, Airships, and Flying Machines not at stationary position are to be grounded this evening whilst Mr Kris Kringle, Rudolph and Team, etc are making their rapid delivery of Toys for good girls and boys.
Mr Kringle.... Caledon skies are yours this evening!
Oh, and Mr Kringle!..... I do hope you received my letter in regards my special request?
Sunday, December 23, 2007
My "dear" sister has a different take on Christmas cheer!
The Diabolical Zabrina McMahon: Smiert Spionem....Death to Spies!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
I made some changes to the Caledon Wiki RCAF page including this big announcement....
Special Jetpack Squadron
Also known as (name to be determined) formed December 22, 2007. The current officer in command is Squadron Leader Diamanda Gustafson.
Royal Caledon Air Force - Caledon Wiki
Friday, December 21, 2007
"....Radio Riel was on hand at Dr Dobb's Island on 18th December to record our Founder and Guvnah Mr Desmond Shang being interviewed by Mr Ziggy Figaro of GridTalk, a production of InformationWeek and CMP.
With kind permission of the participants and copyright holders, we are pleased to make this programme available to our listeners....."
Radio Riel: The Desmond Shang Interview
".....Okay, let’s give a try to up the limit on the number of Second Life groups you can have. Everyone knows how annoying it is. Fellow bloggers. Repost a similar blog posting to this. Just how hard can this be to make the number larger? It was made larger a while back and the Earth did continue to revolve around the Sun....."
Supercharged by Veyron » Push to Expand SL Group Limit
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I recently read a post from Phineas Messmer and a comment from Diamanda Gustafson, two trusted members of the Royal Caledon Air Force. The post touched on one of my favorite subjects. Jetpacks!
After a briefing at RCAF Penzance Airfield with AirChief Marshal Sin Trenton, I was off to make a shopping spree at Abbott's Aerodrome where I purchased 2 smashing new Jetpacks for my inventory. The Infinity and the Rocketeer. As outlined in Professor Messmer's Post Comments, I was able to achieve a rapid sim cross with the Infinity Jetpack, flying from the Babbage Canals Hub to Dr Rafael Fabre's Quarterdeck in Port Babbage in just a few seconds.
On my return to Penzance, I tested the Infinity Jetpack again, this time flying straight up, beyond 10,000 meters! ACM Trenton contacted me by wireless to report I seemed to be offworld by all his measuring devices. My jetpack and Flight Feather indicated the same altitude...12,017 meters. I then began my descent to the ground and for 6000 meters, I turned off the Jetpack and went into freefall. I Re-started the jetpack once again when the altimeter read below 2000 meters. A most exhilarating morning indeed!
I am now convinced of the value of these devices and will begin the formation of a rapid-deployment Jetpack Squadron for the RCAF.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
What nefarious plans does she have for us!?
And will she stay on her medication!?
This is NOT a "Hoooo!" moment at all!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Unfortunately the weather (LAG) was not cooperative during my Second Life Bloggers / Royal Caledon Air Force / Christmas 1944 themed Big Band Party. But I shall feature a few of what others posted on The Connolly Telegraph. Special thanks to dinee Ghia and CodeBastard Redgrave for the lovely gifts they gave me, as well as to Radio Riel who provided the music for the occasion and Her Grace Gabrielle Riel (DJ) and Lady Whoop-Ass/Flight LT Diamanda "Cuckoo" Gustafson (Host) for helping me during the evening. It was great fun, indeed!
I have no plans at the moment for the next Second Life Bloggers Party. I'll be taking a break from all that in January. The earliest plans for the next one would be February and I will of course, keep you posted here, Pownce, Twitter, the SLBloggers Google Group, etc, etc.....
Today I made a brief lag-filled visit to Podcaster Island. I didn't get to see very much of it. I'll have to return and explore another time.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Investigating UFO sighting over Mayfair :from Caledon Mayfair [185,122,96] in SL.
UFOs Identified....One WhirlyMachine called a helicopter (a Friendly), and one green Dragon (not so friendly)
Checking the Cape Messmer moonscape skybox by Eladrienne Laval :from Caledon Morgaine [253,50,526] in SL
Many new AO HUDs. Yay! :from Kedai [15,211,23] in SL
This worked out very well for me. I was able to piece together my time in SL in a more chronological way than I've done before - using Twitter as a guide for arranging my photographs. The text is already written with just a little editing. Great method of blogging for those of us with very little time. I Twittered inworld using Kos Farina's TwitterHUD, a free extra gadget when you buy his TwitterSCREEN.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
UPDATED: The Party is now less than one week away and I've added one thing to these notes.
My Caledon Mayfair parcel has been converted to an ice-skating park through at least New Year's Day. So your ice-skating talents are indeed welcome!
The December Second Life Bloggers Party will be held in 2 parcels in 2 sims in Caledon Mayfair/Penzance on Sunday December 16th from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
Our theme this time is Christmas 1944 with an emphasis on WW2 Era Aviation in celebration of the new Connolly-Tombola Aerodrome Complex in Penzance.
There will be dancing, ice skating, displays of aircraft, En Garde Fencing, Big Band/Swing music and plenty of company from the SL Bloggers, Royal Caledon Air Force, and Caledonians, some of them overlapping in all 3 groups!
Live DJ Provided by Radio Riel! 1940s era dresses and dashing swoon-able uniforms provided by you!
- December Party for Second Life Bloggers, Royal Caledon Air Force, and all Caledon
- Caledon Mayfair and Penzance
- Sun, December 16 2007 at 2:00 PM until approx 5:00 PM SL Time
Oh Bother! I just missed this! Second Life is a perfect spot for "Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day"...We need our own inworld version of this!
Koala Wallop :: View topic - Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day: 12-8-7
Thursday, December 6, 2007
*shakes fist at Ryker Beck, HawksRock, and Lord Primbroke Edward Pearse*
The rules of tagging are simple, and as follows.
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog
I shall indulge rules 1 and 2, but will not tag others. As is the case with any horrible influenza, this viral meme must run it's course and die at some point in order to save us all in the SL Blogosphere. Any tagging on my part would only add a double or triple tag upon another SL Blogger.
Besides, this brings me to random fact number one....
1) I'm notorious for procrastination. Unless I'm deeply focused on something or other - an item/task may be lost on a backburner for a while. Like responding to dreaded viral tags such as "8 Random Facts" for instance....
2) I have a duel nature of being both Obsessive Compulsive about subjects I love/like and also suffer Attention Deficit Disorder (ooooo shiny).....where was I?
3) I'm as fanatical about lighthouses in RL as I am in SL. SL has offered me a chance to have my own. OMG how cool!....My RL apartment is decorated with the Coastal/Nautical theme and lighthouses are everywhere. Even my shower curtain has a lighthouse motif.
4) Zabrina McMahon is my evil alt! Evil I tell you! Eeeeeeevvvvviiiiiillllllll!
5) I really do love sailing in RL, and would love to fly if I had the funds and time to learn. Yay for SL where I can indulge both!
6) In RL I am 5'2, thin, have dark hair, am hearing impaired, now work as a therapist for persons coping with new disabilities, am happy for Zoe's gravity defying large breasts but glad I don't have them in RL (Can only imagine the back pain I'd have!) and would love to be as tall as she is...
7) I had one SL account prior to Zoe Connolly. I remember her name was Chloe but cannot recall the last name and only signed in a few times. I lost all other info about her. Zoe was created a few weeks later, but did not become active until I was home sick for a week. In Late January/early February 2007 I had nothing to do but nurse myself back to health and play inworld. The rest as they say, is history. I was hooked, and thus a girl's obsession and sleeplessness began.
8) In RL I am very political and spiritual. I do not discuss such things inworld with anyone but a few very very close friends. Besides SL, Politics is my other obsession and in the past I've worked as a paid staffer on a few campaigns.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Avatara has a few minutes of target practice with Ordinal Malaprop's Shansi .45
Monday, December 3, 2007
I should have a post on Tuesday. TC all!
The Latest News from RCAF Command in Caledon Penzance (PenzCom)...
Eladrienne "Skeeter" Laval was promoted on Saturday 01 December to the rank of Squadron Leader in recognition of her many flight hours, promotional efforts, and commitment to The Screamin' Tinies Squadron.
We tip our wings and lift a mug to Skeeter!