Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pirates of the Caledonian - Part 1







Sunday evening May 27th was the night of the Pirates of the Caledonian SLRFL Benefit Rave. I decided to bring out my inner pirate wench and attend.

Granted permission to come aboard I immediately set to task of determining my surroundings. Pirate Ship, Pirates, RUM, yeah this was the right place. Is there another group of avatars besides the SL Bloggers who can incorporate both bawdy and erudite conversational styles so flawlessly? Yes there is, and I was among them. Almost all attending have their own blogs. I was a bit starstruck with so many Caledonian bloggers surrounding me. I've read and have links to almost all of them.

I'm not sure it was ghost pirates or the rum, but I thought I saw many a gray pirate on the ship.

Safety tip: Pirate Raves mean dancing with sharp pointy things. What else explains the great market for eyepatches?

5 comments:

Gabrielle Riel said...

I was so happy that you could join us on Sunday evening - we raised over $63,000 L for RFL! Arrrrrr!

You must visit Caledon again soon Miss Connolly!

~The Duchess of Carntaigh
Her Grace, Ms. Gabrielle Riel

tiana meriman said...

thats so cool, i'm in a big pirate phase right now so this is a really cool ship ^^

also did you know that the pirates use to wear an eyepatch to keep an eye acostumed to night vision? i saw that on mythbusters just 3 days ago and apparantly it really works.

Anonymous said...

Second life blogs search engine

Hello,nice blog! Last week i start a site to search and index all blogs about second life.The idea was born when I have noticed that I had difficulty to find with google, blog that they only spoke about second life.The registrations are opened to all,visit and submit your site if you want. Feel free to suggest and send critics are also accepted.

http://www.secondlifeblogs.info

Your blog was indexed :-)
If you like this , link me.Thanks

Unknown said...

Gabrielle,

Absolutely, Your Grace.

Although not a resident of the sims, I consider it my home.

Edward Pearse said...

Hello Miss Connolly!

I was a pleasure to meet you recently. And I've now discovered your blog - Excellent read.

I do have a favour to ask though, would you mind updating the link to my blog please?

http://victorianaesthetic.blogspot.com/

Many thanks, and I look forward to seeing you again.