Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WW2 Sanctuary Combat Roleplay Sims in Danger.... PART 2



Today I'll feature 2 notices from WW2 Sanctuary admins Vickster Kuhn and Joe Sparrow who are doing their part to fight for the sims survival for all of us who enjoy WW2 Combat Roleplay.

From Vickster Kuhn: "Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone....

For months we've been playing and having a great time at Sanctuary, and all the while our good friend and benefactress Saffron Giano has been footing the bill, dealing with complaints, and struggling to make the sims self sufficient.

While vendors and rentals have defrayed the operating costs somewhat, she has forked over the lion's share of the tier fees month after month.

I want to take this opportunity to say, Thank you Saffy for all you gave us!

We love you! Good luck and God Bless you!"


From Joe Sparrow: "Regarding the sims....

....as it is we can't afford 200,000 L per month, so we have plans to move to a cheaper sim bought direct from LL. I know, less prims and all that, but with Saf gone there's not much else I can do.

I can keep the sims alive.... We just need about 150,000 more Lindens donated before the 24th.

I will have to build the sims from scratch but they will live, so if you know anyone who can donate or pledge please help us. I can't do it alone."




2 comments:

The Vickster said...

Thanks Zoe for posting this.
Tough times I guess.
Anyone involved with our SL flying group, the RCAF, will know that we've been struggling to keep our own home base in Caledon going.
The Sanctuary sims are quite unique in SL, and they represent the fruition of many residents' work.
It's a showcase for SL aviation and the development of the the VICE combat system, and the playground of the most active and well known flying groups in Second Life.
A favorite of newbies and veterans alike, Sanctuary has been my home and home to several squadrons to which I belong.
I've been working as an admin there in exchange for a base for my own squadron, JG 132, the Richtofen squadron.
Things in SL happen pretty quickly, and just when you think you can count on something as a given you turn your head and it's gone.
Sanctuary will always be one of my most favorite places. I've been flying for most of my SL career, but Sanctuary is where I got to employ all I've learned from some of the best aviators in SL, including Niki Wilder and MeganAnn Mills, Zoe Connolly, Noel Oh, Cody007 Skytower, Bradyn Halcali and Whitewolf Mumfuzz.
It's heartbreaking to see something like this come to and end, and I'll always wonder what I could have done to help make it work.
It's my hope that there will be something in the future to fill the vacuum that will surely be created by the loss of Sanctuary.
There is still time to play there, and if you're into it you won't regret going. Search for Fallout, Bastogne, or Rangoon, which is the Legends of WW2 sim, and the only one of the three likely to be around next month.
Tell 'em Vickster sent you!

The Vickster said...

Thanks Zoe for posting this.
Anyone involved with our SL flying group, the RCAF, will know that we've been struggling to keep our own home base in Caledon going.
The Sanctuary sims are quite unique in SL, and they represent the fruition of many residents' work.
It's a showcase for SL aviation and the development of the the VICE combat system, and the playground of the most active and well known flying groups in Second Life.
A favorite of newbies and veterans alike, Sanctuary has been my home and home to for squadrons I belong to.
I've been working as an admin there in exchange for a base for my own squadron, JG 132 "Richtofen Squadron."
Things in SL happen pretty quickly, and just when you think you can count on something as a given you turn your head and it's gone.
Sanctuary will always be my favorite place, I've been flying for most of my SL career but Sanctuary is where I got to employ all I've learned from some of the best aviators in SL, including Niki Wilder and MeganAnn Mills, Zoe Connolly, Noel Oh, Cody007 Skytower, Bradyn Halcali and Whitewolf Mumfuzz.
It's heartbreaking to see something like this come to and end, and I always wonder what we could have done to make it work.
It's my hope that there will be something in the future to fill the vacuum that will surely be created by the loss of Sanctuary.
There is still time to play there, and if you're into it you won't regret going. Search for Fallout, Bastogne, or Rangoon, which is the Legends of WW2 sim and the only one likely to be around next month of the three.
Tell 'em Vickster sent you!