Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Using Lighthouses for Air Navigation


Growing up in Michigan it's easy to adore lighthouses. As you can imagine I have many photographs and paintings of them in my RL home.

In SL (when I had land) I've even owned a few in Caledon and other spots around the Grid.

Since I love them, my eye is drawn toward lighthouses when I'm inworld, so naturally I use them to navigate Blake Sea.

The lighthouse at Blake Sea Crows Nest is roughly speaking, the geographic center of Blake Sea. I fly toward it and then navigate around it in different directions.

For example, if I'm flying from Hollywood Airport to Crows Nest, I know I'll need to turn left and fly south to reach Honah Lee Field.

If you should see a helicopter buzzing around a lighthouse. It might be me!

No comments: