Monday, June 11, 2007

My opinions and building projects: bloggers looking to buy an island

Sunday is a very busy day for me. Due to my RL schedule it's the only day I can reliably attend scheduled afternoon and evening events in SL. I had the Bloggers with Blades event and a SLASCAR race to attend later, but the time in between was filled with chat with my friends Tiana, DesertWolf, dinee, (later joined by Wrath). Since we were either already land owners or looking for land to buy, the subject naturally came up. Tiana sums it up here...

My opinions and building projects: bloggers looking to buy an island:

"as you all know SL isnt perfect or i should say the community in sl isnt perfect and you can read on blogs that a lot of us have things that annoy us would be fixed by owning an island. unfortunatly island cost a lot of money both at purchased and as tier. so a few us crunched some numbers and talked about how we could make it work. how we could have an affordable price and keep a system that is fair for everyone.

we think that 14 bloggers would be a good number to buy this island. the island in itself costs 1675$US to buy so at 14 people, each member would need to give 119,64$ which i think is reasonable. the monthly tier is 295$US and with 14 members each member would have to pay 21.07$ which we think is pretty reasonable too. of course the people who would want to pay more would get more land, which is only fair but they would not get more power in the decision taking..."

My opinions and building projects: bloggers looking to buy an island

Our question: Is there enough interest to sustain this idea? Please make your comments on Tiana's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Zoe - I might be interested in throwing in my Lindens on the blogger island. Email me the info if you still have space available for one more blogger. Cherowolf@frontiernet.net. Thanks. Chero.